Comply with EPA standards, provide additional profits and eliminate the emissions of stock tank vapors to the atmosphere
The EPA has issued a number of regulations in recent years regarding the emissions from hydrocarbon production and storage facilities. These regulations, and the fines that accompany them, have led to new innovations in the industry. Recovering vapors and selling them provides for a twofer: regulatory compliance and a new profit stream.
The equipment is modular and requires minimum site preparation. Reduced emissions result in immediate regulatory compliance while the sale of natural gas provides a new revenue stream. Most installations recoup their investment in 6 to 12 months from the profits of the high quality natural gas. In fact, recaptured natural gas has a higher BTU content than normal pipeline quality gas.
Up to 95% of the hydrocarbon vapors can be captured from oil storage tanks.
Heat can be a factor in pushing methane out of liquids, especially in warm weather areas such as Texas, New Mexico or California.
Energy Link packages are designed from the ground up to minimize operations and maintenance requirements. Each unit can be built with the capability to seamlessly be added to your current SCADA system for system monitoring. Packages are available with suction pressures as low as 20” HG to 10psig with Discharge pressures from 220 psig and flow volumes to 750 msf/d.
Standard equipment specifications:
- 24” Oversized inlet scrubber / filter with integrated blow case
- BOSS SCG rotary screw compressor
- 12” Oversized oil separator
- 50 HP motor (up to 100 HP motor available)
- Lube oil cooler
- Allen-Bradley PLC control system
- Allen-Bradley VFD moto control system
- Maple4 System HMI 5070TH operator interface
- Quick install electric, suction and discharge lines. Optional condensate line (condensate can be sent down discharge line if required)
- 220/480v electrical power
Energy Link has multiple partners for the compressors in a VRU. BOSS offers a screw compressor and Ro-Flo offers a rotary vane compressor. We will recommend which compressor is best suited for your VRU design based on the flow and dynamics of your particular application.